– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 egg
– 1 cup milk
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and oil.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
4. Stir the batter until just combined – don’t overmix.
5. Heat a lightly greased griddle or skillet over medium high heat.
6. Place 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle and spread into a circle.
7. Cook until the bubbles on the surface of the pancake start to burst and the bottom is golden brown, about 2 minutes.
8. Flip the pancake and cook for an additional minute or two until the other side is golden brown.
9. Remove from heat and repeat with remaining batter.
10. Serve with butter, syrup, and your favorite toppings. Enjoy!